Tuesday 12 June 2012

Being A Good Son


Once there was a man who was living with both of his old parents. 

As he went into the woods one day to search for firewood, the sky suddenly turned gloomy and it was about to rain. Quickly he ran and got himself into a small cave where he made as shelter. Suddenly a big rock rolled over and closed the entrance. The man panicked as he couldn’t get himself out. 

As his eyes were covered in tears, he prayed to God,

“Dear Allah, I have a very old father and a very old mother. I used to feed them milk to both of them, before I give the rest to my family, my wife and my kids. 

Once I came home late in the evening as I was searching for herbs and found out both of them have fell asleep.  I didn’t want to wake them up so I promised not to give the milk to my wife and my kids before I give it to my parents. I waited for them to wake up in the next morning while my children were crying, and they came to me. 

After my parents woke up, I gave them the milk. Dear Allah, if my actions were nothing less than to ask for your Mercy, then please moves this rock away.”

With that the rock slowly moved over and the man was able to come out from the cave.







1 comment: