Saturday 1 December 2012

Story of Three Good Friends




بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

ا سَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه


Rush, who was one of the greatest scholars during the time of Caliph Rashid narrates the following incidents.

I had two friends, one of them named Reiichi. Our friendship was so sincere, that we were in fact one soul in three bodies!

Once during Eid Festival season, I had no money. My wife said to me, " You and I can tolerate these hardships, however, I am very much grieved because our children see other children wearing new dresses and adorning themselves for Eid Festival, whereas their own clothes are old and torn. See if you can get some money so that i can make new clothes for them".

I could not think of any solution to the problem, so I wrote a letter to Reiichi, my friend and requested him to assist me.


Reiichi sent me a sealed bag and informed me that it contained 1000 dirhams. I had not yet opened the sealed bag when someone who was sent by my other friend, Chakir came. He informed me about Chakir's financial difficulties and sought help from me. I gave him the same sealed bag to take it to my friend. I then went to the mosque with a heavy heart. As I felt ashamed to face my wife, I spent the night there. When i went home in the morning, to my surprise, she received me with a cheerful face and was pleased at my having done good to my friend and having considered his needs before considering my own.

In mean time, Reiichi arrived at my house and asked me curiously, "Tell me the truth. what have you done with the bag of money which I had sent to you yesterday?".

I told him the whole incident. After hearing me out, Reiichi bowed his head down for a moment and then said, "yesterday when you sent me a message and asked for help, I had no money except this sealed bag. I sent it all to you and wrote a letter to our friend, Chakir, seeking for help. He then sent me my own sealed bag and I could not understand the matter till you just explained to me".







2 comments: